I always love to hear from people who appreciate the recipes on the site, and also love to hear from those who may have a recipe they want to share purely for the love of cooking, so do feel free to send in your recipe if you have one you would like to share!
Here is Celia's recipe for Heathy Jaffacakes - Thanks for sending in the recipe Celia!
Healthy Jaffa Cakes
150g flour (or gluten free alternative)
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla flavouring
50g 85% dark chocolate
4-5 tbsp orange marmalade (I used St Dalfour, which has no added sugar)
- Grease a large heatproof tin or muffin pan
- Mix eggs, butter, honey, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, baking soda and flour thoroughly. Pour into tin.
- Bake at 180 c for about 10 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Turn out when cool. If you didn't use a muffin tin, cut out circles with a jar or even a cutter if you're that well equipped, and turn cake hole side up.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Pop a spoonful of marmalade on each circle. Place a small amount of chocolate on to each cake and spread evenly over the surface, covering all the marmalade.
- Let the chocolate set. You can speed it up if you put in the freezer for a few minutes.
There is only a very little bit of refined sugar in these and they can even be gluten free! Normal Jaffa Cakes have glucose fructose syrup in and the alternatives usually involve gelatin. These are veggie through and through!
I hope you enjoy Celia's Healthy Vegetauran Jaffa Cakes - What do you think of them?