On Saturday, I attended CyberMummy11 - described as the UK's premier parent blogging conference. Now I will admit, as a new blogger, I hadn't even heard about Cybermummy until hearing about it at Blog Camp last Saturday, but when Johnsons Baby offered sponsorship via twitter on Wednesday and agreed to sponsor me to go, I was absolutely delighted and so excited!!!!
CyberMummy was held at The Brewery in London and about 450 Bloggers, PR's and brands attended. I think I am still taking it all in, and I won't bore you to tears with everything that happened but I will share with you my CyberMummy Tips and awards
Best Blog Tips
- Write your posts with strong keywords for good SEO – Frederic Montagnon
- Photo and Video on the net gets more interaction than the written word – Richard Allen
- Your blog life balance will be much more equal and you may increase followers if you plan posts a month ahead and vary the genres of posts you write – Nadine Hill
- Make an extra effort to chat to new people and sponsors. Don’t be a version of your introverted cyber self
- Don't upset mummy bloggers if you are a speaker #Sophie King
- Some parents bloggers are massively friendly in cyber space but not in real-life #justsaying
- Networking and Business Cards are essential in the blogging world - I swapped so many business cards and got so many back - can't wait to read lots of new blogs
- Wine is not a good idea on an empty stomach when you haven't drunk in ages. Two glasses of wine can make your head spin and make you feel a tad tipsy
- Missing the after party is probably a good idea judging from the pics afterwards (don’t want to explain those to hubby!!) :-P
- Don't plan anything the day after Cybermummy as you will only have the capacity to sit on the sofa and veg.
Most essential Cybermummy Accessory:
• Ipad/Iphone/Android smartphone to keep up with Twitter and take pictures
• Suitcase - Bloggers get SERIOUS swag - I nearly collapsed travelling by foot, tube, train, foot and car with the amount of stuff
Best Celebrity Speaker:
Sarah Brown - who is not "ordinary" but is "normal" - so lovely and an amazing campaigner for women and mothers in pregnancy, childbirth and parenting all over the world - a cause very close to my heart. Love the stories about how mothers keep the family unit together - no matter who they are. Got her to sign her new book for me too!
Best Conference Speaker:
Danielle Fudge - SEO analyst for Disney - My favourite speaker apart from Sarah Brown. Danielle was so knowledgable and had loads of advice on google, SEO and RSS - the most useful speaker by far.
I also enjoyed listening to Richard Allen and Natalie Lue speak
Blogger-to-Blogger Inspiration Workshop - Real bloggers can tell it like it is and give brilliant tips.
Blog Post guaranteed to have you crying into the table cloth:
Nicky - Typecast
Best Dressed Cybermummy:
Too many to count – everyone looked fabulous, especially thanks to the P & G Recharge room with hairdressers, makeup artists and massages.
Most lovely bloggers at Cybermummy
@Mygorgeousboys, @notsupermum, @Boat_Wife, @3bedroom, @thebitchinwife, @workinglonmummy, @zooarchaeologist
Best Dressed Sponsor:
Has to go to the beautiful Butlins redcoats and Ludo the friendly green dinosaur
Best Food/Drink Sponsor:
Naked Wines - delicious prosecco - crisp and not too dry and shiraz – rich and velvety mmm
Most Friendly PR/Sponsor
@FayeScho – Regis Haircare
Helen from Johnsons
Most Unfriendly/Rude PR/Sponsor:
There were a few, I won't name and shame brands, but needless to say, they should sack their PR agencies and get some friendlier ones who embrace ALL parent bloggers and not just purely parenting bloggers or ones with lots of klout
Most Interesting Products:
• The IPad - shown by Three UK
• Leap Pad learning tablet - My eldest has the explorer which is fab so this is a welcome addition to the leap pad range and possible christmas present I sense!
• Just Dance for Wii by Ubisoft – had a few goes on the demo
• Vicks in ear thermometer - an essential for all Mums with little ones
Most innovative Campaign:
Johnsons Baby - my sponsors are launching the Wipe out Waste campaign to recycle baby wipe packs - a welcome introduction for mums like me who use wipes A LOT!
Johnsons Baby – Yum
Best Swag Bag
Boots – lots of lovely products
Swag Product most guaranteed to have your 4 year old crying with happiness
Tangled DVD from Disney UK
Best Swag products for Mummy’s:
Boots Beauty Serum, Champneys bath stuff and DoDo notebooks
Thanks to Susanna, Sian and Jennifer for a fantastic day and thanks to again to my sponsors Johnsons Baby for sponsoring me