This weekend, the kids and I made Lemon & Lime Cheesecakes from the Katy I Can Cook recipe book. The kids love making this dish and enjoy bashing the biscuits and stirring the ingredients together. It doesn't require too many ingredients or too much skill, so I can let them do it, and the finished product tastes delicious.
We used Lemon and Lime as the recipe suggests to make our Cheesecakes, but you could use different kinds of fruit, and either juice or whizz the fruit in a mixer to pulp it, then mix with the marscarpone cheese and icing sugar. We really like making strawberry, raspberry or banana cheesecake.
Ingredients (Makes 2 Individual Cheese Cakes)
2 Digestive Biscuits
2 tbsp melted Butter
125g Marscarpone Cheese
1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- Place the biscuits into a grease proof bag and use a rolling pin to bash them gently until they are crushed into crumbs
- Place the crushed biscuits into a bowl, pour into the melted butter and mix well with a spoon. As the butter is soaked into the mixture, it will change colour.
- Spoon the crumbs into the bottom of each of the glass pots and even out to make a biscuit base.
- Take a lemon and Lime and roll on the table to loosen the juice. Cut the lemon and lime in half and squeeze the juice into a separate bowl.
- Add the marscarpone cheese and the icing sugar to the juice and mix together
- Spoon the mixture into the dishes to cover the biscuit bases.
- Cover the pots and place in the fridge for 2 hours. Once set, remove from the fridge and decorate to serve.