Another spicy recipe to celebrate Curry Week today, made from The Spice Tailor Chutni range developed by Anjum Anand. Today, I am featuring the range's Peanut and Tamarind Chutni, which can be transformed into a delicious sauce for a tasty Vegetarian dish with just a bit of help from a few other ingredients. The recipe I am using is adapted from Anjum Anand's Lamb Kofta in Peanut and Tamarind Sauce recipe. I have basically replaced the Lamb Kofta's with Vegetarian Meatballs instead, to make the dish vegetarian friendly. This dish is fantastic served with plain rice or naan bread, or it could form part of a bigger Indian buffet. How are you celebrating Curry Week? Any tips for Vegetarian Curry?
Spiced Vegetarian Meatballs with Peanut and Tamarind Sauce
For the Sauce:
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1 tsp. sweet paprika
¼ tsp. red chilli powder
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp. tomato purée
½ jar The Spice Tailor Peanut and Tamarind Chutney
200ml coconut milk
300g Meat Free Meatballs
- Fry the meatballs in a little oil for a few minutes until browned.
- Removed from the heat, drain the oil and leave on a plate with kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Fry the onion in some oil, and cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomato purée and stir well for a minute or so. Add the spices and a splash of water and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Stir in the chutney and coconut milk and a little splash of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add the veggie meatballs to the sauce and partially cover the pan with a lid. Lower the heat and gently cook for 15-20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened. Serve while still hot.
Products Offered in consideration for review