Another quick, easy recipe for you today and a perfect way to serve potatoes in the hot weather. This potato salad has been made using Total Greek Yoghurt and so like with the dressing for egg salad featured previously, the yoghurt gives a lighter dressing and reduces the total saturated fat content. I also made this potato salad using National Trust Potatoes which I found for just 87p for 1kg at Asda this week.
National Trust Potatoes are grown on 420 acres of National Trust coastland at Trehill Farm, Pembrokeshire, which is managed for the Trust by tenant farmers Peter and Gina Smithies. Trehill has won numerous awards for high standards of environmental stewardship as well as the superior quality and taste of its potatoes and works to ensure responsible farming
I really like the idea of knowing where your food is coming from and seeing who has spent time and energy cultivating the food being put on our tables. It's great to be able to plot the journey from field to plate.
500g New Potatoes
3tbsp Total Greek Natural Yoghurt
a squeeze of Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper
100g tin of Sweetcorn
- Boil the potatoes until cooked but not too soft.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Cook the sweetcorn for 3-4 minutes according to the tin instructions, drain and allow to cool.
- Mix together the mayo, yoghurt, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and some black pepper.
- Combine with the potato and sweetcorn and chill before serving.
Disclaimer: Total Greek Yoghurt offered in consideration for review