Today I made a delightfully quick and easy Egg Salad, perfect for a summers day. Having written my meal plan a couple of weeks ago, I didn't factor in this glorious weather and I don't know about you, but I can't face eating lots of stodgy food in the summer, so I turned to one of my favourite salads for lunch.NetMums Feeding Kids recipe book. I omitted the bacon to make it vegetarian and also left out the mushrooms too because they just don't float my boat eaten cold. I added some cucumber to the mix to add a crunchier texture to the salad.
This salad is absolutely delicious and very filing. I have been very aware lately that I am eating bread every lunch time and so this makes a welcome change. Mixing yoghurt with the mayonnaise made a really tasty dressing. The dressing was much lighter in texture and calories than if I had used purely mayonnaise. This made the taste a lot more pleasant as it was light and fragrant rather than really heavy.
3 medium free-range Eggs
150g New Potatoes - cooked
1 little Gem Lettuce
8 Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 of a whole Cucumber, sliced and halved
2 tbsp light Mayonnaise
3 tbsp 2% Natural Total Greek Yoghurt
a squeeze of Lemon Juice
freshly ground black Pepper
- Boil the eggs until hard - about 8 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Wash and split the lettuce into small wedges.
- Halve the tomatoes and slice and halve the cucumber.
- Beat together the mayo, yoghurt, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Cool the eggs under cold running water and peel.
- Arrange the salad and potatoes on the plate.
- Cut each egg into four and add to the top.
- Pour over the dressing and serve.
I used Total Greek Yoghurt for the dressing to this recipe. I am going to be featuring some more recipes containing Total Greek Yoghurt in the coming weeks as part of a product review.